We provide this
Career page as an affordable service to the medical practice community.
Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Send your career notices to Info@ NewYorkMGMA.com in an email or as an email attachment. An attachment should be an original file [IE: Microsoft Word].
A notice will remain online for 30-days. but can be renewed for an
additional 30-days at the same rate. New York MGMA members can post a
career notice free of charge. The fee to nonmembers is $99 per notice. Payment needs to be received in full before the career posting is uploaded to the web site.
Posted May 17, 2017
POSITION: Senior Director, Strategic Financial Planning
ORGANIZATION: Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS)
BACKGROUND AND POSITION OVERVIEW:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Financial Planning, the Senior Director will work closely and collaboratively with senior leadership throughout the Finance Department and the rest of the organization. A Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Director.
He/she will be financially responsible for a diverse portfolio of strategic projects and be a key team member throughout the process from concept development to “go-live” and “post go-live”. These responsibilities will include preparation of business plans and financial feasibility studies, being an integral part of the team developing and negotiating deal structures, preparing presentations for senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board, and coordinating all financial activities around the implementation and post-live management of strategic initiatives.
The Senior Director will have demonstrated a deep and comprehensive knowledge in healthcare financial, operational, and regulatory issues. He/she will have outstanding team building and communication skills, as well as strong strategic and financial analysis skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop an extensive understanding of HSS’s strategic roadmap, integrated strategic financial plan, finances, operations, and regulatory issues, and implications on various strategic initiatives
• Stay current on developments in healthcare finance and industry dynamics; anticipate changes and their corresponding impact on the department/organization; provide strategic counsel and new thinking that adds value to the Hospital
• Establish best practices, improve processes, systems and work flows to achieve the highest level of productivity
• Establish strong working relationships with leadership throughout the organization
• Develop, lead and/or support presentations at Board, Leadership Council, and other meetings.
• Assume full responsibility as the strategic financial-planning point person for the strategic initiatives assigned; manage all projects through a systematic approach that translates work plans into deliverables, with measurable outcomes, on a timely and cost-effective basis.
• Perform rigorous financial analyses; analyze and assess market dynamics, as well as forecast the impact of strategic initiatives on market share; develop financial models and prepare feasibility studies that support the overall forecasts required for specific strategic projects.
• Drawing on experience and knowledge of hospital finance and the healthcare industry, test conclusions/issues/risks, using organized and creative problem solving and clear logic flows.
• Ensure that senior leadership is apprised of progress toward goals and of any issues, through regular project updates and critical-issue identification.
• Be an effective leader and member on hospital planning and implementation teams.
• Communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of internal constituencies; through clear and concise written and oral communications; proactively question, thinking out of the box.
• Manage and mentor personnel; help build a highly capable and engaged team, and foster a team-centered culture wholly consistent with that of the hospital.
• A BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN A RELATED FIELD IS REQUIRED. Advanced degrees are desirable, but not required.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Solid experience (minimum 7 years) in strategic financial analysis/planning FOR/IN A HOSPITAL is required. Major teaching/surgical hospital experience is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated understanding of hospital finances, operations, regulatory environment, strategic planning, and the hospital/healthcare industry, as well as external environmental forces, is required
• Expertise in leading and developing comprehensive feasibility studies: analyzing and assessing market dynamics; building logical financial models; forecasting market share is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory, team-related experience is required.
• Possesses keen strategic mind-set, combined with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Has a continuous-improvement mind-set. Tackles challenges and issues with a fresh approach; is creative and thinks “out of the box.”
• Well organized and disciplined, with well-developed project management capability; detailed and thorough; can proactively manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines.
• Experience in leading and achieving results in a matrixed environment and working with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Technology savvy: excellent understanding of processes and databases; can manipulate large data sets and analyze findings; adept at Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication capability; can present complex information clearly and concisely to a broad spectrum of internal constituencies; can structure and lead business meetings.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; success at cultivating good relationships with internal constituents and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization. Manages up and self extremely well.
• Highly confident, results-driven person focused on achieving the goals of the organization.
• Unquestionable personal integrity. Highly credible and professional. Quickly builds confidence in others.
The compensation and comprehensive benefit package is competitive.
APPLICATIONS AND REFERRALS:
Applicants should send a current resume in Word format and a summary of relevant experience/credentials to:
Ms. Chiharu (Cara) Arai
Senior Engagement Director
3D Leadership, LLC
For more information on Hospital for Special Surgery, please visit its website: www.hss.edu.
HSS is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.